Are you strong enough to hold your temper?
It has been said Anger is the response of the powerless child. Losing control is like throwing your teddy out of the pram. Whatever they might show in the movies or the soaps, getting angry gets you know where. Except into trouble, into hospital, out of relationships and out of a job. People who lose their temper all the time eventually loses everything. Don’t let this happen to you, it may be time to hold your hand up and ask for help!
GPs report that they have few options for helping patients who come to them with problem anger.
There are approximately 50 published research studies that have tested intervention for anger problems with adults and another 40 relating to children or adolescents, and researchers have concluded that successful treatments exist for adults, adolescents and children.
- Almost a third of people polled (32%) say they have a close friend or family member who has trouble controlling their anger.
• More than one in ten (12%) say that they have trouble controlling their own anger.
• More than one in four people (28%) say that they worry about how angry they sometimes feel.
• One in five of people (20%) say that they have ended a relationship or friendship with someone because of how they behaved when they were angry.
• 64% either strongly agree or agree that people in general are getting angrier.
• Fewer than one in seven (13%) of those people who say they have trouble controlling their anger have sought help for their anger problems.
• 58% of people wouldn’t know where to seek help if they needed help with an anger problem.
• 84% strongly agree or agree that people should be encouraged to seek help if they have problems with anger.
Those who have sought help were most likely to do so from a health professional (such as a counsellor, therapist, GP or nurse), rather than from friends and family, social workers, employers or voluntary organisations.
Mindworks would introduce you to our ground-breaking approach called Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT) which has been proven scientifically with years of evidence that shows that it helps people struggling with stress, anxiety, anger and depression and those who just want to find a rich and more meaningful life to live.
Or book an appointment at: mindworkstherapist.selectandbook.com/
ACT is relevant to us all it can offer each and every one of us an insight into daily stresses and struggles that we will all inevitably experience from time to time
You are not alone, we specialise in anger management and run courses on it; help is at hand so drop the rope in your tug-of-war with anger and get in touch for a free initial consultation.